CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

#35- S hearts T

This cake could be number 35, 36, 37 and probably 38 too. This is the biggest cake I've done so far. It was my brother and his bride's wedding cake. It was a huge undertaking. I'm super happy with how it turned out and I'm super happy it's over with. Delivering any cake is stressful, but praying that a wedding cake makes it to it's destination in one piece, fully intact is majorly stressful. I'm thankful to my husband who not only helped me carry this behemoth, but ran to a couple different stores a couple different times to pick up things I'd run out of. I'm also thankful to my baby girl for being patient with mama and finding things to occupy her time (like pulling all the DVDs off the shelf) while mama worked on cake. I don't see many wedding cakes in my future.

This cake was a 6" lime layer for the bride and groom to tuck away in the freezer for their first anniversary, 8" and 10" pina colada and 12" lime, all with strawberry filling. It was iced with coordinating flavors of buttercream and covered in homemade fondant. Minus the top layer for the bride and groom, this cake served approximately 150.

1 comments:

Sally said...

This was a beautiful cake! So many compliments! Amazing job Rachel! It tasted great too!