CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

#19-Chase

Chase just returned home from an LDS mission in Russia. His mom Clarene (who I work with) asked me to make a cake for his homecoming celebration. "From Russia, With Love" and the colors of the Russian flag were her only requests. The rest was left up to me. I used my sister Alison's art skills and put her to work painting (with food coloring of course) the postcard on top. Getting vanilla buttercream that dark is no easy task, let me tell you. I had to scrap the first batch and start over. I have to say, this cake gave me more problems than any other cake I've made so far. They all seemed very pleased when they saw it. Welcome home Elder Hansen.

8", 12" square
dark chocolate sour cream cake with vanilla buttercream filling
iced with vanilla buttercream with fondant and gumpaste accents
serves 100

0 comments: